Jan 29, 2023
DH 215 - Clinical Dental Hygiene IIICredits: 6
Provides the opportunity to practice and increase the students' proficiency skill levels of advanced instruments from previous Dental Hygiene courses.
Prerequisite(s): DH 124B , DH 130 , DH 131 , DH 135 , and LWA 206B , each with a “C” (2.0) minimum grade.
Corequisite(s): DH 210W , DH 213 , DH 214W , DH 216W and DH 219W .
Lecture Hours: 15 Lab Hours: 180
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Effectively assess oral conditions, detect supragingival and subgingival calculus; accurately measure the depth of the gingival sulcus and/or periodontal pockets; and identify stain and plaque. Effectively remove supragingival and subgingival calculus by instrumentation and debridement utilizing various methods of pain control. Remove stain and plaque.
- Successfully complete each patient.
- Required patient services are as follows:
- Fluoride treatments
- Polishing of amalgam restorations
- Maxillary and mandibular alginate impressions
- Use of ultrasonic scaler
- Air abrasive process evaluation
- Dietary analysis
- Root debridement
- Pain control
- Demonstrate various skill competencies in the following areas: medical emergency/CPR training, intra oral camera, and digital radiographs.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)