Sep 25, 2022
GE 212 - German FourCredits: 4
Applies the important grammar rules that have been used and practiced in German One, Two, and Three. Reviews in depth the context of conversation exercises, reading excerpts of contemporary original literacy and journalistic pieces. Provides exposure to the living, spoken and written language to develop a feeling for the language.
Prerequisite(s): GE 111 , GE 112 and GE 211 .
Lecture Hours: 60 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: Humanities
Outcomes and Objectives
- Discuss subjects of their interest and express their opinions in German using the following skills.
- Listen to and understand a short narrative and giving an oral or written account
- Demonstrate an understanding of a contemporary piece of journalistic writing.
- Participate in an appropriately chosen speed, subject conversation.
- Demonstrate the use of simple past tense for verbs (weak and strong) and modals.
- Demonstrate the use of irregular weak verbs.
- Demonstrate the use of past perfect tense.
- Demonstrate the use of subjunctive verbs (regular, irregular, modals).
- Demonstrate the use of future tense.
- Demonstrate the use of passive voice.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)