Sep 25, 2022
GE 112 - German TwoCredits: 4
A continuation of GE 111 .
Prerequisite(s): GE 111 or one year of high school German.
Lecture Hours: 60 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: Humanities
Outcomes and Objectives
- The students will acquire the basic language skills–speaking listening, reading, writing–needed for communication in French at the advanced-elementary level. While studying German the students will become familiar with certain aspects of the culture of Germany.
- Speak about the weather.
- Form sentences with the dative case.
- Use possessives.
- Distinguish between dative and accusative preposition.
- Become further attuned to the nuances of the language.
- Become more immersed in the language, culture and history by reading and discussing selected literature.
- Formulate written and oral statements with reflexive verbs.
- Demonstrate the correct use of interrogative adjectives.
- Construct sentences with imperatives–affirmative and negative–with and without object pronouns.
- Demonstrate correct usage of masculine and feminine forms of adjectives.
- Structure sentences in the past tense.
- Demonstrate the correct usage of interrogative pronouns and demonstrative adjectives.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)