Mar 01, 2024
Program Code: AAS.60911
As an apprentice, you may apply your related training towards an Associate in Applied Science Degree. In addition to the degree requirements listed below, the following requirements must also be met: 1) Successful completion of all courses listed in a specific related training program (32-40 credits); 2) Successful completion of appropriate supportive study elective courses. Supportive electives are courses taken to fit your individual needs. Prior academic course work may be acceptable. Assistance in selecting electives is available from a Delta College counselor familiar with technical career programs; 3) A journeyman card or equivalent trade experience.
Apprenticeship Trade Related Instruction Programs
Delta College offers required Trade Related Instruction Programs for apprentices and up-graders in the industrial trades, building trades, and maintenance trades from the tri-county and surrounding areas. Trade Related Instruction Programs are designed with the cooperation of industry and provide the instruction to strengthen the theoretical knowledge in each trade area. The combination of related instruction and on-the-job experience is essential in order to provide a complete program to train skilled personnel for the trades. Courses are offered during the evening only. The scheduling and registration for courses is the responsibility of the Skilled Trades Department; therefore, any inquiry about a particular class should be made directly to them by phoning (989) 686-9476 or 686-9594.
Since many company apprenticeship programs are registered with the U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Apprenticeship and Training, it is imperative that the registration of these courses be coordinated by the local plant apprenticeship coordinator and the College Skilled Trades Department. All Trade Related Instruction is subject to change per agreement with the participating employer and Delta College. Delta College does not issue a journeyman's card only a completion certificate.
The following program is representative of the typical Trade Related Instruction Programs Delta College offers in conjunction with area employers. Employers, however, are not restricted to just these programs and many elect to modify our programs to meet their specific needs. Employers desiring more information on Delta’s Trade Related Instruction Programs should call the Skilled Trades Program Manager at (989) 686-9594 or 686-9476.
Total Semester Credits: 14
Total Semester Credits: 17
Total Semester Credits: 16
Total Semester Credits: 15
- Successfully complete six credits in content-area writing courses. Students with previously earned Bachelor’s or higher degree from regionally accredited colleges and universities are exempt from this policy.
- ENG 111A, ENG 111B, ENG 111C, or ENG 111H can be taken in place of ENG 111
- ENG 112, ENG 112A, or ENG 112H can be taken in place of ENG 113
- POL 105W , POL 212W, POL 215W, POL 220W, POL 221W, POL 223W, POL 225W, POL 228W, HIS 221W, HIS 222W, or HIS 237W can be taken in place of POL 103W
- Any 1 credit LW and LWA or 2 credit LW can be taken in place of LW 223W
- OAT 151 and OAT 152 can be taken in place of ENG 111 and ENG 113
- Suggested electives include: any ECN, MGT, MIT, MT or PSY course