Dec 07, 2022
WTT 280 - Fundamentals of Data AcquisitionCredits: 3
Examines how wind resource data is collected and analyzed for use in the development of wind powered generation of electricity. Identifies and explains the function and operation of sensors and transducers. Develops skills of selecting, connecting, and operating sensors and transducers in an industrial environment in order to perform maintenance actions.
Prerequisite(s): ET 122 with a grade of “C” or better.
Lecture Hours: 15 Lab Hours: 30
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Use terminology related to test and measurement and verify the functionality of the training hardware.
- Demonstrate an understanding of company introduction
- Demonstrate an understanding of expected background
- Use related terminology
- Practice setting up and testing hardware
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of operation of commonly used sensors, transducers, and instruments.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of operation and limitations of common measuring instruments
- Demonstrate an understanding of fundamental programming logic transferable to other programming languages
- Write programs based on an industry-standard graphical programming language
- Practice interpreting technical specifications and selecting sensors and transducers for a given application
- Demonstrate an understanding of terminologies associated with instrumentation systems (e.g., range, sensitivity, dynamic response, calibration, hysteresis, error, accuracy, precision, data uncertainty, mean and standard deviation)
- Practice developing computerized instrumentation systems for industrial processes using multiple sensors, interface electronics, data acquisition card, and GPIB and serial instruments
- Demonstrate an understanding of instrument controls and how they can be used for communicating and controlling hardware instruments.
- De scribe instrument control applications
- Explain instrument control components
- Create a GPIB object
- Dem onstrate an understanding of communicating with the instruments
- Demonstrate the ability to collect and analyze data.
- Us e data acquisition software and hardware to collect and analyze data from a physical system
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)