Jun 25, 2022
SKTR 183 - Machinery’s HandbookCredits: 3
Focuses on learning how to use and understand the Machinery’s Handbook. Credit may be earned in either SKTR 183 or MS 120 but not both.
Prerequisite(s): SKTR 181W or MS 181W and SKMA 103 or MTH 103 or MT 110
Lecture Hours: 45 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Use the machinist handbook to shorten calculations and determine manufacturing parameters.
- Calculate using proper formulas machining variables.
- Use tables and charts to determine machine set-ups and operations.
- Use formulas to calculate machining parameters.
- Use ratio, proportion and percentages, to solve simple problems
- Calculate, using the law of sines and cosines, machining sample problems.
- Solve, using the proper formulas, area and volume, cylindrical tanks, volume of solids, circles, squares, and hexagons.
- Use interpolation techniques from tables to solve sample problems.
- Convert and use common and natural logarithms to solve sample problems.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)