Aug 15, 2022
RC 104 - Construction LabCredits: 3
Studies the care and use of woodworking tools. Includes tool terminology, purpose and uses of various tools and the functional principles of woodworking hand tools, including those which are power or pneumatically driven.
Lecture Hours: 15 Lab Hours: 60
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Setup and operate machines commonly used in the residential construction industry both safely and efficiently.
- Commit to memory and demonstrate the safe operation of the following equipment:
- Table saw
- Mitre saw
- Radial arm saw
- Router table and shaper
- Circular saw
- Sabre saw
- Air fastening systems
- Hand tools
- Interpret blueprints and physically layout a foundation.
- Demonstrate squaring and layout methods using batter boards and building lines.
- Synthesize print and window schedule information.
- Layout interior and exterior wall sections from complex working drawings.
- Build interior and exterior wall sections per print specifications.
- Cut and assemble interior wall sections.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)