Jun 25, 2022
OAT 175 - Electronic CalculationCredits: 2
Develops the touch system of data entry for addition and incorporates the functions of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division for various business applications using electronic calculating tools.
Prerequisite(s): MATH LEVEL 2 and READING LEVEL 2 and WRITING LEVEL 3
Lecture Hours: 30 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Demonstrate a mastery of the operating features of electronic calculating tools.
- Use basic mathematical functions
- Use electronic calculating tools
- Demonstrate a mastery of the touch system on the 10-key pad.
- Assume correct posture and hand position
- Keystroke rapidly and accurately by touch
- Demonstrate a mastery of the fundamental operations of electronic calculating tools.
- Perform the following operations:
- Addition and subtraction
- Repeat addition and subtraction
- Constant factors
- Multiple factors
- Accumulation of products
- Amount and percent of change
- Constant divisor
- Accumulation of quotients
- Chain division
- Combined operations
- Develop efficient work habits.
- Attend class promptly and consistently
- Follow written and oral directions
- Complete and submit homework on time
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)