Aug 08, 2022
MUS 274 - Applied Music Instrumental Minor–SophomoreCredits: 1
Private instruction/lessons provided and a minimum number of hours of weekly practice is required. A jury examination will be held at the end of each semester.
Prerequisite(s): Permission of music department
Lecture Hours: 15 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: Humanities
Outcomes and Objectives
- Produce idiomatic tone and technique at the advanced level (Woodwinds, Brass, and Strings).
- Know tone studies
- Attempt chamber group selections as instrumentation is available
- Study listening examples
- Demonstrate musical expression at the advanced level.
- Woodwinds, Brass, and Strings:
- Demonstrate 1-2 selections from the Renaissance through the Classical
- Demonstrate 1-2 selections from the Romantic or 20th Century
- Demonstrate 1-2 extensive etudes for expression, technique, articulation (or bowing)
- Make an effort to memorize at least one selection or etude
- Study intermediate mallet keyboard
- Demonstrate pedal scales; manual scales as needed
- Demonstrate at least 3 selections with pedal
- Demonstrate at least 2 hymns/service selections with pedal
- Demonstrate at least 2 service selections
- Prepare a short paper on organ registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)