Aug 08, 2022
MUS 272 - Applied Music Piano Minor–SophomoreCredits: 1
Private instruction/lessons provided and a minimum number of hours of weekly practice is required. A jury examination will be held at the end of each semester.
Prerequisite(s): Permission of music department
Lecture Hours: 15 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: Humanities
Outcomes and Objectives
- Develop technical skills.
- Play all major and minor scales, 4 octaves, HT, as 16th notes with the quarter at 66-80.
- Play cadence chords in all major keys-root in bass, rh. 3-voice close position in three positions (I in root position, I in 1st inversion , I in 2nd inversion).
- Play arpeggios in all major and minor keys, 3 octaves as triplet 8ths, with the quarter at 52-66.
- Study classical piano repertoire and prepare for performance in jury.
- Prepare 1 or more technical etudes.
- Prepare 3 pieces (at least 2 memorized), in contrasting styles, from 3 different periods.
- Repertoire suggested level-Classics to Modern #37, Bastien Literature II or III, or similar.
- Perform for piano jury evaluation at end of semester.
- Play two minor scales, 2 cadences as indicated, and 2 arpeggios.
- Play 3 pieces (2 memorized), one may be an etude.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)