Aug 08, 2022
MUS 240 - Guitar EnsembleCredits: 2
Performs as a member of a guitar ensemble using proper tone and technique to create meaningful artistic interpretations of the music. Reads music effectively and understands a musical score. Communicates effectively with other musicians in a group setting. Course designed for guitarists who have experience with classical guitar technique and music reading skills.
Prerequisite(s): MUS 135 or MUS 137 with minimum grade of “C”
Lecture Hours: 30 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: Humanities
Outcomes and Objectives
- Demonstrate proper classical guitar tone and technique.
- Demonstrate various basic guitar techniques such as scales, arpeggios, and slurs effectively.
- Perform basic guitar compositions utilizing a variety of timbres on guitar.
- Demonstrate effective reading of guitar music.
- Perform several short pieces of polyphonic guitar music.
- Complete a basic guitar notation assignment.
- Perform as a member of a musical ensemble.
- Listen to and communicate with others in ensemble via musical sounds.
- Keep rhythmic time and perform the proper notes of a composition.
- Perform with proper dynamics and expressive devices.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)