Aug 08, 2022
MUS 174 - Applied Music Instrumental Minor–FreshmanCredits: 1
Private instruction/lessons provided and a minimum number of hours of weekly practice is required. A jury examination will be held at the end of each semester.
Prerequisite(s): Permission of music department
Lecture Hours: 15 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: Humanities
Outcomes and Objectives
- Produce an idiomatic tone and technique at the basic level.
- Woodwinds, Brass, and Strings;
- Study tones at various dynamic levels
- Memorize chromatic scale in a variety of articulations (or bowings)
- Identify major arpeggios- C, F, Bb, Eb, G, D, A connected and separated with 8th notes at 100 for full range.
- Demonstrate musical expression at the basic level.
- Demonstrate at least one Baroque selection studied
- Demonstrate at lest one Classical or Romantic
- Demonstrate at least one Romantic or 20th Century
- Demonstrate intermediate sticking
- Demonstrate Timpani
- Demonstrate manual and pedal exercises
- Demonstrate at least 2 manual pieces
- Demonstrate at least 2 pieces with pedal
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)