Aug 08, 2022
MUS 173 - Applied Music Instrumental Minor–FreshmanCredits: 1
Private instruction/lessons provided and a minimum number of hours of weekly practice is required. A jury examination will be held at the end of each semester.
Prerequisite(s): Permission of music department
Lecture Hours: 15 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: Humanities
Outcomes and Objectives
- Produce an idiomatic tone and technique at the foundational level.
- Woodwinds, Brass, and Strings;
- Study at least one Baroque selection.
- Study at least one Classical or Romantic selection.
- Study at least one Romantic or 20th Century piece.
- Demonstrate musical expression at the foundational level.
- Demonstrate foundational snare rudiments
- Demonstrate bass drum
- Introduce pedal and manual exercises
- Introduce at least 2 manual pieces
- Introduce at least 1 piece with pedals
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)