Aug 08, 2022
MUS 148 - Chorale IIICredits: 2
Provides a continuing opportunity for ensemble singing in 2, 3, 4, or more parts. Develops repertoire, musicianship, and proper vocal techniques through reading choral music, extending vocal range, pitch matching, proper practice and performance techniques. Credit may be earned in MUS 158 or MUS 148 but not both.
Prerequisite(s): MUS 147
Lecture Hours: 30 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: Humanities
Outcomes and Objectives
- Identify basic music symbols involved in choral reading and how to follow them.
- Understand basic music symbols and terms.
- Read music in several parts, i.e. 2-part, 3-part, 4-part.
- Sing in parts while maintaining independent musical line.
- Develop the voice and its relationship to tonal production.
- Work with the voice developing range, tonal flexibility, strength and independence.
- Read music in different clefs, observing direction of notes in relation to voice.
- Work with piano to develop listening and tonal matchng skill.
- Apply vocal skills developed in a performance.
- Work with choral music in different styles and technical levels.
- Rehearse in sectionals to develop strength in individual vocal parts.
- Practice good rehearsal and performance techniques.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)