Jun 30, 2022
MGT 281 - Market Experience ChicagoCredits: 1
Studies the Chicago market through visits to the Apparel Center, buyers showrooms, resident buying offices, designers, ready-to wear merchants, the Mercantile Exchange, and other areas of interest. Student pays tuition plus all expenses.
Prerequisite(s): ENG 111 or OAT 151 either with a minimum grade of “C” and permission of instructor
Lecture Hours: 15 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Chicago Market.
- Describe the general Chicago Market, geographically
- Explain the significance of the Chicago Market to mid-western business
- Identify the key elements of this market
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Mercantile Exchange.
- Discuss the buying and selling of “futures”
- Explain how this exchange generates business for individuals in our market
- Describe the business value of the exchange
- Demonstrate an understanding of the market centers.
- Describe the Merchandise Mart
- Describe the Apparel Center
- Describe the Magnificent Mile
- Demonstrate an understanding of architecture in and around Chicago.
- Discuss Frank Lloyd Wright and his relationship to architectural history.
- Identify primary elements in the Chicago market
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)