Jun 30, 2022
MGT 280 - Market Experience New YorkCredits: 2
Studies the New York business market through visits to manufacturers, designers, buyer showrooms, resident buying offices, advertising agencies, retailers, museums, Wall Street, and other places of interest. Student pays tuition plus all expenses.
Prerequisite(s): ENG 111 or OAT 151 either with a minimum grade of “C” and permission of instructor
Lecture Hours: 30 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Demonstrate an understanding of the general operation of a buying office.
- Describe a resident buying office
- Discuss buyer showrooms and how they are used
- Explain how the buying process works and how it relates to the manufacturer and the retailer
- Demonstrate an understanding manufacturing operations.
- Discuss the various types of manufacturers
- Explain how the manufacturer fits into the channel of distribution
- Discuss the relationship between a manufacturer and the other channel members
- Demonstrate an understanding of the design process.
- Discuss the role of the designer
- Identify the responsibilities of the designer
- Explain how the designer fits into the manufacturing process
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Wall Street area.
- Discuss the components of the financial district
- Explain the significance of the financial district to the channel of distribution.
- Identify the future trends for the financial world
- Demonstrate an understanding of the historical value of the New York market.
- Describe the general architecture of the New York market
- Identify the value of historical museums
- Discuss the general history of New York and the surrounding area
- Demonstrate an understanding of cultural diversity.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)