Sep 25, 2022
ITE 350 - Curriculum Development and Facility Planning in Industrial/Technical EducationCredits: 3
Develop course, program, and curriculum materials. Specify materials, tools, machines, and facilities for industrial technology education.
Prerequisite(s): ED 200BW or Permission of Instructor
Lecture Hours: 45 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Review 7-12 options and prepare rationale for a program.
- Examine employment opportunities and personal interests.
- Develop 7-12 program diagram including all courses.
- Prepare outcomes, goals, and objectives.
- Develop complete course syllabi for courses.
- Prepare sample lesson plans.
- Develop a series of learning modules.
- Write sample test questions and grading techniques.
- Provide examples of student activities with grading.
- Prepare a scale floor plan for an ideal facility.
- Develop a complete list of tools, machines, and equipment.
- Develop a complete list of supplies and materials.
- Involve 7-12 students on campus in a practicum.
- Establish a budget for a one-year program.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)