Jun 25, 2022
FST 304 - Leadership III Strategies for Supervisory SuccessCredits: 1
Provides the various leadership skills and tools to perform effectively in the fire service environment. Includes delegation to subordinates, assessment of personal leadership styles through situational leadership, discipline, coaching and motivating techniques.
Prerequisite(s): Requires instructor permission.
Lecture Hours: 15 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Demonstrate skills needed for personal success as a leader in the fire service environment
- Identify basic leader behaviors and leadership styles
- Identify four development levels of followers and relationship with leadership styles
- Demonstrate diagnostic skills for choosing an appropriate leadership style for given development level
- Identify benefits, barriers, and principles of effective delegation
- Identify characteristics and techniques of effective coaches
- Describe progressive discipline and its value
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)