Jun 25, 2022
FST 133W - Computer Aided Management Emergency OperationsCredits: 3
Emphasized the use of Computer Aided Management of Emergency Operations (CAMEO), Areal Locations Of Hazardous Atmosphere (ALOHA), and Mapping Applications for Response and Planning of Local Operational Tasks (MARPLOT) software which provides a tool to manage emergency response, emergency planning and regulatory compliance of hazardous substance in or near their communities. Focuses on basic and advanced applications to provide computer skills to individuals, response teams and first responders to plan for the safe handling of chemical accidents.
Lecture Hours: 45 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Demonstrate knowledge and selected skills needed to function effectively within the four main modules and six secondary modules of software program.
- Access setup modules, establish login IDs, and documents
- Able to backup CAMEO files and restores files
- Perform layering of databases and power queries
- Access and use ALOHA and link to MARPLOT Maps
- Utilize database to provide chemical information and emergency procedures
- Function effectively at hazardous materials incidents
- Perform writing tasks to promote learning.
- Write effectively for a specific audience and purpose.
- Demonstrate the learning of concepts through writing.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)