Jun 25, 2022
FST 120W - Fire Service Educational MethodologyCredits: 1
Develops skill in preparing instructional objectives, designing effective lesson plans, developing evaluation instruments, and creating state-of-the-art media.
Lecture Hours: 15 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Demonstrate fundamental skills related to instructional methodology within the Fire Service environment.
- Identify instructor's responsibility and role
- Describe the four essential steps in teaching
- Identify laws that pertain to Michigan Fire Service training requirements
- Describe the Michigan Fire Fighters Training Council certification process
- Discuss the professional qualifications for fire service instructors
- Perform writing tasks to promote learning.
- Write effectively for a specific audience and purpose.
- Demonstrate the learning of concepts through writing.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)