May 16, 2022
ENG 268W - International Studies in LiteratureCredits: 1-4
The student will do an in-depth study in one or more aspects of the literature or film of a country other than the United States. Includes class lectures and individual consultation. Overseas study is an integral part of the course. Expenses for travel and overseas study must be borne by the student. Credit may be earned in ENG 268W or LIT 268 but not both.
Lecture Hours: 15-60 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: Humanities
Outcomes and Objectives
- Analyze literature in the subject area.
- Interpret the meanings of literary works using various theoretical approaches.
- Identify various literary genres.
- Demonstrate analytical understanding through writing.
- Identify value of literary content for international travel.
- Participate in writing to learn activities.
- Perform writing tasks to promote learning.
- Write effectively for a specific audience and purpose.
- Demonstrate the learning of concepts through writing.
- Use both informal and formal writing to explore connections between personal travel experience and literary works.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the cultural and historical context for this body of literature.
- Identify ways that experiences of travel can enable a deeper understanding of literature.
- Identify ways that literature can enhance the experience of travel.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)