May 18, 2022
ENG 258W - Introduction to ScreenwritingCredits: 3
Begins the exploration of screenwriting. Focuses on understanding the basics of the genre, especially formatting and movie planning. Includes peer critique, instructor comments, and extensive revision.
Prerequisite(s): College level Composition I course with a minimum grade of “C” or permission of instructor
Lecture Hours: 45 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: Humanities
Outcomes and Objectives
- Develop original featuare-length screenplay.
- Write premises, ask major dramatic questions, construct movie maps, and compose up to twenty-five pages of an actual feature-length screenplay.
- Develop the craft of a screenwriter.
- Revise and edit original work.
- Rewrite work in an effort to improve it.
- Demonstrate an understanding of revision.
- Develop interpersonal skills for the purpose of giving or receiving feedback.
- Give and receive verbal and written responses to student work.
- Demonstrate an open attitude towards feedback.
- Write original short film screenplay.
- Develop an understanding of the short film genre.
- Practice writing a work with a begining, middle, and end.
- Demonstrate understanding of professional screenplays.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)