Jun 25, 2022
EMB 285 - Directing for Public Broadcasting TVCredits: 2
Provides advanced, practical experience through Delta College's Public Broadcasting facilities. Gives opportunities to direct and assist with productions of on-air broadcast programs.
Prerequisite(s): EMB 151 , EMB 284 both with a minimum grade of “C” (2.0) and instructor approval
Lecture Hours: 30 Lab Hours: 15
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Demonstrate advanced audio and video production techniques with emphasis on independent performance of related tasks.
- Act as production assistant for locally produced programs on WDCQ/WDCP.
- Operate studio and field video production cameras and equipment.
- Perform non-linear post production editing for locally produced programs.
- Assist in directing and/or studio crew positions for live local programming.
- Demonstrate advanced directing, pre-production, and programming skill sets with relation to the daily operation of a public broadcast station with emphasis on independent performance of related tasks.
- Act as director for locally produced programs on WDCQ/WDCP.
- Examine programming procedures and practices of WDCQ/WDCP.
- Assist as needed with master control operations of WDCQ/WDCP.
- Perform other related tasks as needed at the direction of the practicum facilitator.
- Provide weekly progress reports to EMB program coordinator.
- Provide reflective self-examination of performance at conclusion of course.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)