May 16, 2022
EMB 279 - Advanced Post ProductionCredits: 3
Builds on the body of knowledge gained in EMB 155 . Expands the student’s knowledge and skill in non-linear video editing. Introduces advanced digital multimedia compositing and editing techniques and industry standard technologies, such as Apple’s Final Cut Pro, Motion, and Adobe After Effects, while providing an overview of the artistic nature of digital compositing. Students will complete a variety of advanced, individual digital video and compositing projects.
Prerequisite(s): EMB 155 with minimum grade of “C” (2.0) or EMB Program Coordinator approval
Lecture Hours: 30 Lab Hours: 30
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Comprehend advanced video and effect compositing techniques and workflows utilizing tools such as Adobe After Effects and Apple Motion to create special effects, graphics and animated text for inclusion of various multimedia productions.
- Identify advanced applications used to create multi-layered composites, special effects and video productions.
- Critically examine professional production examples to identify effective techniques and compositing workflows.
- Demonstrate ability in advanced non-linear editing techniques, special effect video compositing and multi-layered and animated text creation.
- Experience through hands-on operation, the creation of advanced video productions, special effects composites and animated text applications.
- Utilize advanced digital post production tools such as Adobe After Effects and Apple Motion to create enhanced multimedia productions.
- Develop advanced understanding of the visual aesthetics associated with professional quality video and multimedia productions and basic workflow principles of compositing digital media.
- Demonstrate visual literacy through completion of advanced media projects.
- Apply techniques to successfully demonstrate proper digital compositing workflow of advanced media projects.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)