Sep 24, 2022
EMB 161 - Podcasting, Online, and Mobile MediaCredits: 2
Introduces and familiarizes student with basic elements and theories of alternative/online forms of multimedia delivery, including audio and video podcasting, mobile media devices, media enhanced blogging and media delivery through video sharing and social networking sites such as YouTube and Facebook.
Lecture Hours: 15 Lab Hours: 30
Meets MTA Requirement: Humanities
Outcomes and Objectives
- Acquire basic understanding of audio/video podcasting and other alternative multimedia delivery systems.
- Identify professional quality podcasts and the production methods used in creating them.
- Comprehend the role podcasting and other multimedia delivery systems play in presenting digital content to users.
- Comprehend uses and operation of podcast creation software and media compression applications.
- Identify various applications used to create and enhance audio and video podcast media.
- Demonstrate ability to creat audio and video podcasts, mobile media, and related content for specific purposes.
- Demonstrate ability to prepare audio, video and multimedia files for use in podcasts and other forms of alternative, mobile and online delivery systems.
- Experience through hands-on operation, creation of audio and video podcasts using various software tools.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)