Oct 04, 2022
EMB 154 - Peripheral Multimedia ApplicationsCredits: 2
Introduces and familiarizes student with operational elements of digital media, computer operating systems/platforms and peripheral multimedia applications which support and enhance digital non-linear video editing. Concentrates primarily on audio soundtracks, animated text, graphic design and proper compression for delivery to a variety of digital mediums. Emphasizes specific programs within the Macintosh OSX system.
Lecture Hours: 15 Lab Hours: 30
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Demonstrate an understanding of the history and development of computer operating systems, their purpose and functions.
- Comprehend and identify primary individuals and companies involved in the development of the major computer operating systems, non-linear editing and graphical applications.
- Identify significant benchmarks in the development of the major computer operating systems, non-linear editing and graphical applications.
- Comprehends uses, operation of, interface navigation and file structure hierarchies within the Macintosh OSX operating system.
- Experience through hands-on operation, the user interface of the Macintosh OSX operating system.
- Navigate the root level user interface and execute the movement, manipulation and assignment of assorted media files within the Macintosh OSX operating system.
- Comprehends integration of advanced electronic media applications within the Macintosh OSX operating system.
- Utilizes the Macintosh OSX operating system in the operation and configuration of advanced multimedia applications including non-linear editing, digital media creation and graphical design.
- Comprehend the various uses of secondary multimedia applications as they apply to non-linear digital video editing.
- Identify the different types of peripheral multimedia applications that may be used to enhance a non-linear digital video project.
- Examine the proper use of secondary multimedia applications and comprehend how they may be used to enhance a non-linear digital video production.
- Comprehend how, when properly used, peripheral multimedia applications can improve the aural and visual aesthetics of a non-linear digital video production.
- Examine digital video productions completed with and without peripheral multimedia applications.
- Identify the differences between digital video productions completed with and without peripheral multimedia applications.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)