May 26, 2022
DRF 128 - Geometric TolerancingCredits: 2
Emphasizes geometric symbols used in place of written notes on industrial drawings including datum, symbols, and other items tolerancing to the geometry of the part. Credit may be earned in either DRF 128 or SKDR 128 but not both.
Prerequisite(s): DRF 121 or permission of instructor
Lecture Hours: 30 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Translate geometric dimensions, tolerances and symbols into plainEnglish and vise versa.
- Describe the current GD&T symbols.
- Define the datum reference.
- Explain where to place symbols on a print.
- Translate drawing notes into GD&T symbols.
- Translate standard drawing dimensions and tolerances into GD&T symbols and tolerances.
- Translate GD&T symbols into drawing notes.
- Translate GD&T symbols and tolerances into standard drawing dimensions and tolerances.
- Discuss the advantage of GD&T symbols over notes.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)