Sep 26, 2022
CST 392 - Instructional Technology for EducatorsCredits: 3
Introduces software and internet applications technology for educators. Includes effective use of the Internet with e-mail, web usage and searching. Introduces tools for creation and modification of web pages. Includes various applications and techniques useful for teachers including presentation software, scanning and capturing graphics, spreadsheets, and classroom management tools.
Lecture Hours: 45 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Student can apply electronic mail for educational activities.
- Compose and send electronic mail
- Open, read, and delete received e-mail
- Manage an e-mail account including archiving messages and the use of folders.
- Create and manage entries in an e-mail address book.
- Subscribe to and utilize a listserv for educational communication.
- Student can apply the World Wide Web and a graphical web browser for educational activities.
- Define and explain the significance of terminology related to the World Wide Web and Internet.
- Access a specific web site from a given URL.
- Navigate to various web pages through links.
- Perform efficient searches and demonstrate various searching strategies for specific information on the World Wide Web.
- Demonstrate effective research techniques using the Internet including evaluation of credible web sites and citing web-based references.
- Locate useful web sites for educational purposes.
- Design effective classroom activities using the World Wide Web.
- Utilize software and tools that enable distance learning activities via the World Wide Web.
- Student can define social and professional issues related to the Internet and use of technology.
- Define issues with personal and information security.
- Describe Internet etiquette.
- Describe issues related to access to and control of Internet content judge indecent.
- Define various ethical issues related to the Internet and its use.
- Define copyright rules and limits of intellectual property related to the Internet and its use.
- Student can perform basic functions in operating environment to create and manage web page files.
- Log on to a personal Internet account.
- Use a simple Unix text editor
- Create and edit Unix text files.
- Create and delete Unix directories.
- Initialize and maintain the correct file and directory structure to enable web pages.
- Student can build a basic web page using a web page composer application and HTML.
- Enter text into a web page file.
- Format text using heading, bold, italics, and underline tags.
- Define text color and size.
- Include background colors or images.
- Created ordered and unordered lists.
- Insert and position a graphic image.
- Insert links to other pages.
- Create a simple table of information.
- Student can find resources and apply software tools for web page development and enhancement.
- Locate on-line resources and information sources for web page work.
- Access and upload graphics to a web page.
- Define the value and limits related to using a web page development software application.
- Student can build effective materials using a presentation software application.
- Create a new presentation file.
- Insert new slides and control side type.
- Insert and format text into presentation slides.
- Create basic graphic shapes from standard drawing tools.
- Use color effectively for background, shapes, and text.
- Demonstrate ability to print presentation slides in various forms.
- Student can acquire graphics and effectively apply them to educational materials.
- Scan and capture graphics from a scanner.
- Locate usable graphic images available via the internet.
- Demonstrate knowledge of file formats for graphics.
- Import graphics into web pages and presentations.
- Student can apply various software applications to manipulate information and analyze.
- Enter, manage, and utilize information in a spreadsheet.
- Create graphs and charts from spreadsheet data.
- Enter and manage grades using a grade software application.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)