Oct 06, 2022
CST 274 - Network+ Certification PrepCredits: 2
Reinforces the real-world skills required of a Network Administrator. Prepares for the CompTIA's Network+ certification.
Prerequisite(s): CST 270 . May be taken concurrently with instructor permission.
Lecture Hours: 30 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Demonstrate knowledge in Network Administration.
- Classify how applications, devices, and protocols relate to the OSI model layers.
- Explain the purpose and properties of IPv4 and IPv6 addressing.
- Explain the purpose and properties of routing and switching.
- Explain the function of common networking protocols.
- Explain the purpose and features of various network appliances.
- Apply appropriate configuration management documentation.
- Classify methods of network access security, common threats, vulnerabilities, and mitigation techniques.
- Perform job-related tasks for networks.
- Categorize standard media types, connectors and associated properties.
- Compare and contrast different wireless standards.
- Plan and implement a basic SOHO network.
- Install and configure routers and switches.
- Use appropriate network monitoring resources to analyze traffic.
- Explain different methods and rationales for network performance optimization.
- Implement appropriate network security measures.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)