Oct 04, 2022
CST 235W - Systems Analysis and DesignCredits: 3
Studies the traditional System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and specific attention to each phase that pertains within the overall Information Technology processes. Focuses on current systems that are successful as well as unsuccessful outcomes.
Prerequisite(s): READING LEVEL 3 and WRITING LEVEL 3; CST 133W , CST 173 or CST 170 all with a minimum grade of "C," one semester of accounting, and a programming language course
Lecture Hours: 45 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Demonstrate understanding of business data processing basics.
- Understand the information processing systems in use today.
- Understand the flow of information necessary in order to make effective decisions, comply with requirements, and produce the desired reports.
- Understand the need for both financial and nonfinancial data in today's business environment.
- Stand the need for, and means of, retrieval of information.
- Demonstrate understanding of basic concepts of systems analysis and design.
- Effectively describe the role/s of the systems analyst.
- Effectively describe the phases of the systems development life cycle.
- Effectively describe the data modeling tools for documenting the data relationships of the existing and proposed information systems.
- Effectively describe the process modeling tools for documenting the data processing activities of the existing and proposed information systems.
- Use the data modeling tools of structured systems analysis and design.
- Understand the basic concepts of data relationships.
- Creates documentation of data relationships using Entity Relationship Diagrams for both current and proposed information systems.
- Use the data process modeling tools of structured systems analysis and design.
- Understand the basic concepts of process modeling.
- Creates documentation of data processing activities using Data Flow Diagrams for both current and proposed information systems.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)