Oct 04, 2022
CST 155 - Microsoft EXCELCredits: 3
Presents EXCEL features using personal and business applications. Emphasizes features and techniques to develop solutions to spreadsheet problems. Includes evaluation of spreadsheets, data base, report formatting, and macros. Compares EXCEL with other electronic spreadsheets. Credit may be earned in CST 151 or CST 155 but not both.
Prerequisite(s): MATH LEVEL 3 and READING LEVEL 2. Recommend CST 103 and CST 123 or CST 133W .
Lecture Hours: 45 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Demonstrate understanding of electronic spreadsheets' basic concepts.
- Effectively use the features for entering values, labels, and formulas.
- Effectively use the editing features of Excel.
- Effectively use the basic “built-in-functions” of Excel.
- Understand the features supplied by the Graphical User Interface of Operating System; including the Menu and Icon/Tool bars.
- Understand and is able to explain the terminology of electronic spreadsheets.
- Use Excel’s charting/graphing features.
- Understand the basic concepts of relating presentation graphics to sets of numbers.
- Creates Bar, Area, Line, and Pie Charts.
- Creates, places and manipulates charts on a worksheet.
- Use Excel’s database features.
- Understand the basic concepts of list management.
- Prepare a list of records.
- Perform sorts on database records.
- Perform queries within database records.
- Set up selection criteria/filtering and output spaces.
- Demonstrate ability to create elementary Macros.
- Record a Macro.
- Run a Macro.
- View a Macro.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)