Jul 02, 2022
CST 147 - Electronic Media CommunicationCredits: 2
Develops beginning/intermediate best practices for business and education presentations and electronic media. Focuses on developing attractive, professional, effective, and well-timed visuals for different business settings. Students will use cloud-based technologies to create and share presentation media and supplemental materials.
Prerequisite(s): READING LEVEL 2 AND WRITING LEVEL 2.
Lecture Hours: 30 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Develop strategies to create audience and context appropriate for electronic media communication.
- Understand different contexts in which electronic presentations are most suitable.
- Identify the audience for a presentation when given the context and manner in which it will be presented and shared.
- Plan a presentation that is appropriate for the audience and context in which it will be used.
- Produce presentations using a variety of current presentation applications or delivery methods.
- Research and gather resources for electronic media communication.
- Create and design presentations.
- Modify or redesign an existing presentation.
- Present or share a presentation.
- Effectively use presentation tools.
- Use social media and networks to share and promote presentations.
- Understand copyright and Fair Use guidelines related to the use and sharing of electronic and other copyrighted materials.
- Demonstrate attribution of resources.
- Create unique electronic resources utilizing open source, social media, cloud-based and other applications and tools.
- Apply best design practices related to audience, context and venue(s) of delivery.
- Create and share supplemental presentation materials.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)