Dec 07, 2022
CST 110 - Web Content DevelopmentCredits: 1
Develops skills to create and maintain a basic Web content using a content management system. Introduces content management systems, content formatting, theme and appearance customization, and plugins. Examines best practices for attribution, security, accessibility, usability, and developing content for target audiences.
Prerequisite(s): READING LEVEL 2 and WRITING LEVEL 2
Lecture Hours: 15 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Develop and publish content targeted to a specific audience.
- Develop appropriate content for target audience.
- Apply formatting to content using content management system editor.
- Incorporate appropriate graphics and multimedia.
- Publish content utilizing pages and posts.
- Apply best practices in page and post creation, naming, and linking.
- Customize site appearance and attributes in accordance with branding targeted to a specific audience.
- Apply appropriate theme using built in theme explorers.
- Customize themes and site styles in accordance with site branding.
- Optimize home page content and features for intended audience.
- Customize menu appearance and location to comply with site branding.
- Optimize menu features for intended audience.
- Optimize site usability and functionality across platforms.
- Organize site content to maximize usability.
- Create user friendly navigation menus using menu editors.
- Apply platform and device appropriate theme/mobile themes.
- Customize site plugins for target audience and desired features.
- Test site on platforms, browsers, and devices to be used by intended audience.
- Apply best practices for site and content design.
- Optimize site settings for security and privacy.
- Apply copyright and licensing regulations of graphics and content appropriately.
- Develop usability strategy for target audience.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)