Aug 15, 2022
CPI 240W - Process TroubleshootingCredits: 3
Provides problem solving skills used to maintain and monitor process equipment employing cause and effect analyses, case studies, analytical techniques, and laboratory simulations. Involves troubleshooting unit problems, maintaining, monitoring, and inspecting equipment, placing and/or removing equipment in service, and working with others who operate and maintain processes (maintenance technicians; laboratory technicians; and engineering, administrative and construction personnel).
Prerequisite(s): CPI 250W with a grade of “C” or better
Lecture Hours: 30 Lab Hours: 30
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Demonstrate understanding of problem solving skills used to maintain and monitor process equipment.
- Perform cause and effect analysis on process equipment.
- Use analytical techniques on process equipment.
- Perform troubleshooting techniques to determine process unit problems.
- Utilize P&IDs and process flow sheets during troubleshooting.
- Demonstrate how to monitor, inspect and maintain process equipment.
- Place equipment in service.
- Remove equipment from service.
- Monitor equipment during service.
- Demonstrate team building, quality, and environmental health and safety skills.
- Work closely with others (teams) who operate and maintain processes.
- Operate processes in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
- Operate processes under quality control while utilizing a systems approach.
- Operate processes utilizing environmental management system.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)