Jun 25, 2022
CEP 101 - Civic Engagement PracticumCredits: 1
Develops skills as active citizens in a democratic society through exploration of personal values, analyzing community problems, participation in a civic engagement community project and reflection on the civic engagement experience.
Lecture Hours: 0 Lab Hours: 15
Meets MTA Requirement: Social Science
Outcomes and Objectives
- Demonstrate knowledge of and engagement in a democratic society.
- Complete a civic engagement project (at least 15 non-classroom hours of public activity).
- Assess a public problem or issue.
- Represent the public problem in course context.
- Identify one's own civic and cultural values.
- Formulate and implement a plan to address the public problem or issue.
- Reflect on issues encountered and insights gained from engagement in the public activity.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)