Jun 25, 2022
ASEP 107 - Heating and Air Conditioning Level 1Credits: 2
Introduces inspection and maintenance of vehicle HVAC systems. Practices NATEF tasks to MLR (maintenance and light repair) level related to HVAC systems. Requires meeting all related GM ASEP training requirements.
Lecture Hours: 30 Lab Hours: 15
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Complete general Level 1 NATEF tasks as listed below.
- Research applicable vehicle and service information, vehicle service history, service precautions, and technical service bulletins.
- Complete Level 1 NATEF tasks related to Refrigeration System Components as listed below.
- Inspect and replace A/C compressor drive belts, pulleys, and tensioners; determine necessary action.
- Identify hybrid vehicle A/C system electrical circuits and the service/safety precautions.
- Inspect A/C condenser for airflow restrictions; determine necessary action.
- Complete Level 1 NATEF tasks related to Heating, Ventilation, and Engine Cooling Systems as listed below.
- Inspect engine cooling and heater systems hoses; perform necessary action.
- Complete Level 1 NATEF tasks related to Operating Systems and Related Controls as listed below.
- Inspect A/C-heater ducts, doors, hoses, cabin filters, and outlets; perform necessary action
- Identify the source of A/C system odors.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)