May 16, 2022
ART 289 - Art and Design PortfolioCredits: 3
Completes an art portfolio package for both school applications and job applications. Credit may be earned in only one of ART 288, ART 289 or IHU 289.
Prerequisite(s): ART 112 , ART 116 and ART 152W
Lecture Hours: 0 Lab Hours: 90
Meets MTA Requirement: Humanities
Outcomes and Objectives
- Identify the foundations of current industry trends in portfolio presentation.
- Explore best practices in portfolio presentation.
- Construct critical dialogue and written analysis of portfolio pieces.
- Demonstrate professional written and presentation skills of final portfolio packages.
- Identify industry standard tools and current technologies used in portfolio creation.
- Demonstrate standard techniques in effective artwork documentation.
- Demonstrate standard techniques in effective digital and printed portfolio book creation.
- Demonstrate a survey of standard techniques in creating portfolio package collateral.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)