Jan 29, 2023
ARC 205 - Architectural Drafting IIICredits: 3
Develops construction documents for a non-residential building. Introduces concrete, masonry, and steel construction with their various detailing requirements, symbolisms, and characteristics utilized in installation of mechanical and electrical systems. Includes a study of computer-aided design examples.
Prerequisite(s): ARC 106
Lecture Hours: 15 Lab Hours: 90
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Draw 3/4” scale wall sections with series of details provided by instructor.
- Learn the relationship between detail decisions and project general dimension control
- Learn about concrete wall detailing above and below grade
- Learn about steel framing, both beams and steel joist framing
- Learn about laminated wood framing and wood deck detailing
- Learn generally, the use architectural preliminary drawings have in developing construction drawings
- Draw 1/4” scale floor plan with the use of wall sections and plan provided by instructor.
- Learn to incorporate various commercial building materials (concrete, steel, laminated wood) into working drawing plan
- Learn decision process for non-standard commercial doors and windows
- Learn requirements for ada handicap accessible bathroom
- Learn to develop research resources for additional information (sweets catalogues, graphic standards, ada standards, etc.)
- Shall draw 1/4” scale cross sections of building.
- Learn to use 3/4” wall sections and floor plan to draw building cross sections
- Learn to use target height controls for setting building vertical definition
- Learn to accommodate various heights of rooms and building walls
- Learn new material coordination through vertical development
- Learn analysis of sections to provide building information
- Draw 1/4” scale exterior elevations.
- Learn to draw 1/4” elevations using previously developed drawings
- Learn representation of various footing depths and grade elevations
- Learn height representation of control elevations and coordination to common ridge
- Learn relationship of site grading to exterior of building
- Draw 1/4” scale section and various 1-1/2” scale details.
- Learn to compose drawing with multiple objects and varying scales
- Learn detailing of manufacturer or custom windows in their choice of locations
- Learn general relationship of detailing to building construction
- Learn drawing coordination and referencing for various section and detail notations
- Draw on a medium other than vellum (2-mil mylar).
- Learn the characteristics of a drawing surface other than vellum
- Learn types of leads and erasers needed to work cleanly on the matte surface
- Learn to letter on surface and to control line quality with various hardness and sizes of leads
- Learn blue line layout and guide line techniques for non-print
- Learn additional characteristics for printing with mylar medium as compared to vellum
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)