Aug 19, 2022
ACE 204W - Career Work Experience - Technical & IndustrialCredits: 2
Continues from Career Professional Development II with additional responsibilities at the worksite. Provides further opportunity to produce and exchange professional communications and demonstrate continuous improvement in professional skill sets. Integrates, reinforces, and documents the student's academic studies with related career experience of at least 180 hours at an approved worksite. Evaluations are made by the employer/site supervisor and the college coordinator. Credit can be earned in ACE 201W , ACE 202W , ACE 203W or ACE 204W but not more than two courses (4 credits).
Prerequisite(s): ACE 102W with a minimum grade of “B”; must be employed in a major-related position.
Lecture Hours: 0 Lab Hours: 180
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Demonstrate adaptability in varying work environments as assessed by immediate workplace supervisor’s observations and final evaluation analysis.
- Adapt and be productive with different types/levels of people, tasks, and responsibilities.
- Relocate from classroom to work environment while applying learned skills.
- Maintain control over actions to monitor and/or regulate processes, tasks, or activities and keep track of delegated assignments and projects as assessed by immediate workplace supervisor’s observations and final evaluation analysis.
- Establish priorities for given assignments, tasks, and projects.
- Establish follow-up procedures for delegated assignments, tasks, and projects.
- Complete all assignments, tasks, and projects according to set procedures and/or guidelines for given situation.
- Demonstrate employability skills as evaluated by immediate workplace supervisor’s observations and final evaluation analysis.
- Demonstrate proper work ethics.
- Handle workplace politics in a positive manner.
- Prioritize work load.
- Display good communication skills.
- Utilize team-building skills.
- Practice good attendance and punctuality skills.
- Display good customer relations skills.
- Display a professional demeanor.
- Perform writing tasks to promote learning of concepts.
- Write employment goals with worksite supervisor.
- Keep reflective journal entries.
- Write a report summarizing the continuous improvements resulting from the Academic Career Experience.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)