Feb 16, 2019
ART 284 - TypographyCredits: 3
Provides an introduction to the fundamental aspects of typography. Identifies and applies the history of typography, vocabulary terms, and foundational typography techniques to a survey of typography design assignments.
Prerequisite(s): ART 241 or ART 242 with a grade of “C” or higher.
Lecture Hours: 30 Lab Hours: 60
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Identify the foundations of Typography.
- Define and access typography design vocabulary, history, standard practices, and current industry trends.
- Construct critical dialogue and writing analysis of historical and contemporary type design works, in addition to student projects.
- Demonstrate industry practices used in typography design.
- Apply research and brainstorming techniques to industry standard typography design projects.
- Apply standard guidelines in custom typography creation for web and print design projects.
- Apply industry standard typography design software techniqes to current type design indurstry scenarios.
[Add to Portfolio]