Jun 22, 2018
ART 242 - Graphics Studio 2Credits: 3
Introduces digital illustration and page layout software. Identifies and applies vector illustration and page layout techniques to projects relevant to digital illustration and page layout design industries. Credit may be earned in only one of: ART 242; or both ART 276 and ART 277.
Lecture Hours: 30 Lab Hours: 60
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Assess the foundations of digital illustration and page layout design.
- Define digital illustration and page layout vocabulary, history, standard practices and current industry trends.
- Construct critical dialogue and written analysis of contemporary illustration and graphic design works in addition to student projects.
- Demonstrate standard industry practices used in digital illustration and page layout design.
- Identify and apply research, brainstorming, sketching, and creative problem solving techniques to projects.
- Describe and apply basic to advanced industry standard digital illustration software techniques to current digital illustration industry scenarios within the graphic design industry.
- Describe and apply industry standard type design, page layout, and multi-page software techniques to common print design scenarios within the graphic design industry.
[Add to Portfolio]