Nov 20, 2017
ARC 224 - Building Information ModelingCredits: 3
Requires a basic knowledge of a Windows Operating System. Continues work with modeling software to successfully and efficiently produce building information models. Uses the entire software platform, while moving through a building project, in the design integration of the following building disciplines: Architectural, Interior Design, Structural, Mechanical, Plumbing and Electrical. Includes the generation of plans, elevations, section views and schedules.
Prerequisite(s): ARC 214 or permission of instructor
Lecture Hours: 45 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Use reading and writing skills to gather information from technical texts.
- Complete assignments by gathering information from reading.
- Use the index of CAD texts to access information regarding commands and processes
- Create a notebook as an essential reference
- Record sufficient notes from which to work
- Use BIM Software and a current operating system.
- Open, save, and close a modeling file
- Use a current saving device
- Create a project file
- Create three-dimensional geometry.
- Create exterior, interior and curtain walls
- Insert doors and windows
- Complete floor and ceiling systems
- Construct roof systems
- Create girds, columns and beams
- Create foundations and footings
- Add annotations and tags
- Generate elevation and section views.
- Produce a complete set of exterior elevations
- Develop views and create interior elevations
- Prepare a wall section
- Develop section detail views
- Complete a building section
- Apply section annotations
- Create schedules from the three-dimensional model.
- Add room and door tags
- Generate a door schedule
- Develop a room finish schedule
- Create a graphical column schedule
- Model mechanical and electrical systems.
- Create views and load content
- Place units for MEP systems and ductwork
- Create a plumbing layout
- Place panel board and power devices
- Create light fixture and light switch layout
- Produce realistic renderings.
- Create a toposurface using site tools
- Develop a realistic exterior rendering of the model
- Create a realistic interior rendering
- Assemble a construction document set.
- Set up views on sheets
- Create a sheet set index
- Print a set of construction documents
[Add to Portfolio]