Jul 20, 2019
ARC 214 - Architectural AutoCAD 3D BasicsCredits: 3
Introduces construction of 3D parametric architectural models using BIM (building information modeling) software –interface, menus, toolbars and editing. Covers creating and managing project files and sheets, using a template, using basic linework and modeling tools, adding annotations and dimensions to models, loading and using 3D architectural components from online sources, and printing methods to produce construction documents. Includes generating plan, elevation, section views and schedules from the architectural model, using rendering tools to set up camera views and creating photo-realistic renderings. Introduces analysis software.
Lecture Hours: 45 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Use BIM software and a current operating system.
- Open, save and close a modeling file.
- Use a current saving device.
- Create a project file.
- Create 3D geometry.
- Create exterior, interior, and custom walls.
- Insert doors and windows.
- Construct roof systems.
- Complete floor and ceiling systems.
- Place light fixtures.
- Add annotations and dimensions to the geometry.
- Generate elevation views from the 3D model.
- Create and view exterior elevations.
- Modify exterior elevations.
- Create and view interior elevations.
- Modify interior elevations.
- Derive section views from the 3D model.
- Set a cutting plane line.
- Produce wall sections.
- Produce building sections.
- Apply section annotations.
- Create customized views from the 3D model.
- Download families of 3D architectural components.
- Use 3D components to design interiors, including a custom kitchen layout.
- Add handrails to stairs.
- Prepare schedules from the 3D model.
- Modify room and door tags.
- Generate door schedules.
- Generate room finish schedules.
- Demonstrate the ability to create realistic renderings.
- Create a toposurface using site tools.
- Produce a realistic exterior rendering of the model.
- Create a realistic interior rendering.
- Give examples of analysis software.
- Name and describe several applications of analysis software.
- Explain the importance of analysis software in sustainable design.
[Add to Portfolio]