Sep 17, 2021
ART 243 - Web DesignCredits: 3
Instructional Contact Hours: 6
Introduces the foundations of web design. Identifies and applies basic HTML and CSS code through web design software to projects relevant to the current trends in the web design industry. Credit may be earned in ART 243 or ART 279 but not both.
Prerequisite(s): ART 241 or ART 242 with a grade of “C” or better.
Lecture Hours: 30 Lab Hours: 60
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Assess the foundations of web design
- Define web design vocabulary, history, standard practices, and current industry trends.
- Construct critical dialogue and written analysis of contemporary web design works, current and future web design technology, and student projects.
- Demonstrate standard industry practices used in web design.
- Apply research, brainstorming, and site map creation techniques to web design projects.
- Describe and apply standard techniques of effective web design file preparation.
- Describe and apply current HTML and CSS standard practices to web design industry scenarios.
- Describe and apply basic industry standard web design software techniques to current web design industry scenarios.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)