Sep 17, 2021
ART 242 - Digital IllustrationCredits: 3
Instructional Contact Hours: 6
Introduces digital illustration and page layout software. Identifies and applies vector illustration and page layout techniques to projects relevant to digital illustration and page layout design industries.
Lecture Hours: 30 Lab Hours: 60
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Assess the foundations of digital illustration and page layout design.
- Define digital illustration and page layout vocabulary, history, standard practices and current industry trends.
- Construct critical dialogue and written analysis of contemporary illustration and graphic design works in addition to student projects.
- Demonstrate standard industry practices used in digital illustration and page layout design.
- Identify and apply research, brainstorming, sketching, and creative problem solving techniques to projects.
- Describe and apply basic to advanced industry standard digital illustration software techniques to current digital illustration industry scenarios within the graphic design industry.
- Describe and apply industry standard type design, page layout, and multi-page software techniques to common print design scenarios within the graphic design industry.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)