Dec 06, 2022
MIT 212 - Manufacturing CellCredits: 2
Instructional Contact Hours: 2
Introduces the manufacturing cell as it relates to the workplace. Teaches various cell information, i.e. tooling, material handling, layout, etc. Credit may be earned in MFG 212 or MIT 212 but not both.
Lecture Hours: 30 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- The student will define manufacturing cell requirements.
- Describe the concept of a manufacturing cell.
- What is it
- Basic components of manufacturing cells
- Economic justification
- Advantages and limitations of manufacturing cells
- The student will determine the procedures for integrating manufacturing cells into an angile manufacturing environment.
- Describe the requirements for a manufacturing cell.
- layout, equipment, workforce training
- management system
- tooling, setup, delivery and maintenance
- use of robotics
- The student will identify the decision making process and define the criteria for integrating manufacturing cells into an agile manufacturing environment.
- Identify and discuss issues that need to be addressed in order to design and implement a manufacturing cell.
- Tool management and maintenance
- Inspection equipment
- Floor layout
- Workforce development
- Type of cell
- Planning and designing the cell
- Building, installing and debugging the cell
- Resource allocation
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)