Oct 03, 2023
ART 241 - Graphics Studio 1Credits: 3
Instructional Contact Hours: 6
Introduces digital photography manipulation software. Identifies and applies basic to advanced image manipulation techniques through projects relevant to current graphic design and photography industries. Credit may be earned in ART 241 or ART 271 but not both.
Lecture Hours: 30 Lab Hours: 60
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Assess the foundations of digital image manipulation.
- Define digital image manipulation vocabulary, history, standard practices, and current industry trends.
- Construct critical dialogue and written analysis of contemporary graphic design and digital photography works in addition to student projects.
- Demonstrate standard industry practices used in digital image manipulation.
- Describe and apply industry standard digital photography capture, correction, and manipulation software techniques to current photography industry scenarios.
- Describe and apply industry standard graphic design software techniques to print design and web design scenarios.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)