Oct 06, 2022
ART 217 - Painting ICredits: 3
Instructional Contact Hours: 6
Identifies, demonstrates, and discusses painting concepts and techniques. Interprets and analyzes various processes from traditional to contemporary painting styles.
Prerequisite(s): ART 111 , ART 115
Lecture Hours: 0 Lab Hours: 90
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Identify art historically relevant painting schools and traditions.
- Discuss formal, technical, and pedagogical aspects of various painting styles.
- Summarize formal, technical, and pedagogical aspects of various painting styles.
- Demonstrate various painting applications, methods, and techniques.
- Demonstrate formal, technical, and pedagogical lessons.
- Interpret various painting methods and techniques.
- Summarize critical analysis of painting concepts.
- Analyze applied painting concepts through written critique.
- Analyze applied painting concepts through oral critique.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)