Oct 06, 2022
ART 107 - Elements of PhotographyCredits: 3
Instructional Contact Hours: 4
Designed for non-Art and Design majors. Introduces technical operation of the camera. Emphasizes image construction, image production, and critical analysis of image aesthetics. Credit may be earned in ART 100 or ART 107, but not both.
Lecture Hours: 30 Lab Hours: 30
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Describe camera operations.
- Understand shutter speeds, Aperture settings and their affects on image.
- Demonstrate basic photographic processes.
- Develop an image using concurrent technological methods
- Apply critical thinking skills to analyzing a photograph
- Develop aesthetic awareness and visual vocabulary
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)