Aug 15, 2022
ITE 330 - Careers and Technology for ChildrenCredits: 3
Covers how to teach students career awareness, exploration, and preparation. Creates teaching materials using industrial tools, processes and supplies with a focus on 7-12 grade students.
Prerequisite(s): ED 200BW or Permission of Instructor.
Lecture Hours: 45 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Demonstrate problem solving and creative thinking skills related to the design and construction of prototypes to be used as teaching aids.
- Identify and safely use industrial tools, machines, and equipment in constructing a series of prototypes.
- Develop logical and efficient methods of processing supplies and materials.
- Demonstrate cooperative working relationships with fellow students in a work environment.
- Share with classmates ideas and techniques for using teaching aids.
- Recognize and use instructional materials to enhance the preparation of youth for employment.
- Provide hands-on learning experiences for students to learn curriculum concepts.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)